Background

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful 4th of July celebration with friends and family! I recently (last Thursday lol :)) came across this wonderful cake idea from Glorious Treats.
Isn't it wonderful? After getting inspired by it, I decided to give it a try myself.
I used yellow cake and mixed it with blue berry jell-o plus a little bit of blue food coloring to make the blue part and Red velvet for the Red stripes. 

6" and 8" round cakes

Instead of using white cake for the white strips, I used a generous layer of white butter cream icing

And the finish product!

It got a bit messy when cutting the cake, but it was a hit with our friends :)
Everyone have a fantastic day full of delicious foods and yummy treats! God Bless our troops who fight for our freedoms every day and God Bless America!!!

1 comment: