Background

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lego Cake {Austin & Micah}

Oh my! April came and went fast. Really, really fast! Between the kids sport activities, a demanding job, birthday parties, etc; it feels like there is barely any time left to sit down and do some posting. Anyway, to those who check regularly this blog, thank you for still stopping by!
My sweet friend Jonna's twin boys had a birthday party in April and she asked me if I wanted to make a Lego cake for them. This was my very first attempt at making one, so please excuse the lack of symmetry or perfect straight lines. The boys LOVED their cake, and at the end, that's what matters :)...

I used Satin Ice fondant and I really liked all the bright tones ( I didn't have to add any coloring). It worked out great for the theme! Happy Birthday Micah and Austin. Our family was really happy to be part of your very special day :) and thanks to my friend Jonna for trusting me again!
I've some exciting posts coming in the next couple of weeks. They include 50 amazing bridal shower cupcakes inspired by Cotton and Crumbs' AMAZING work from England, a shark cake (any shark fans out there?) and firefighter theme cakes/cupcakes for my wonderful friend Danyelle's twin boys. I'm so excited!!!
I hope all my wonderful mommy friends have a very special and blessed Mother's day. This weekend is extra special since it's my birthday as well... YAY! I really love birthdays!!!!
XOXOXO
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment